Family law: I am a widow and wish to remarry: how do I get my maiden name back? 

Do you wish to recover your maiden name? Lawrence explains how to do it!

Since January 1st, 2013, a person’s maiden name can be taken back at any time, whether after a divorce, the death of the spouse, or during the union. 

The name change procedure starts as soon as an application is filed at any registry office in Switzerland. The documents to be collected vary depending on the location. 

The procedure costs CHF 75, although additional costs may be incurred depending on the situation. 


As with any change of name, do not forget to inform the bank, post office, insurance companies and all those who have registered your old name in their database!


Lawrence will help you gather all the documents and assist you so that you can recover your maiden name!


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.