How to renew a work or residency permit in the UAE?
Foreign workers in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) must renew their work or residency permit before it expires. Here are the steps to renew a work or residency permit in the UAE:
- Check expiration dates: Foreign workers should check the expiration dates of their work or residency permit and begin the renewal process at least one month before the expiration.
- Renewal application: Foreign workers should submit a renewal application for their work or residency permit to their employer or to the Department of Economic Development (DED) or the Immigration and Passports Agency (ICA) before the expiration.
- Provide documents: Foreign workers must provide the required documents for the renewal of their work or residency permit, such as a valid passport, proof of residence, a copy of the current work or residency permit, and renewal fees.
- Medical tests: Foreign workers may be required to undergo medical tests, such as HIV screening or tuberculosis screening, for the renewal of their work or residency permit.
- Processing of the application: The Department of Economic Development or the Immigration and Passports Agency will process the work or residency permit renewal application and inform the foreign worker of the decision.
It is important to note that the conditions for renewing a work or residency permit may vary depending on the type of permit and specific regulations in the United Arab Emirates. It is recommended to contact a legal consultancy firm or a company formation agent for accurate information on the procedures for renewing work or residency permits in the UAE.